Often, when using Siebel Remote application, users face error messages. Out of my experience, below are the solutions for these errors. Note that these are based purely on my experience working with Siebel Remote, if anybody have different solutions for these errors, please share the same here with wider audience.
- If you are seeing below error while upgrading the Siebel Remote client or related to configuration file or DLL errors, follow the below steps:
“Unable to initialize the upgrade wizard possibly due to an error reading the configuration or driver file. Please look at the upgrade log for details”
- Please navigate to the “C:\Program Files\Siebel\7.0\WEBCLI~1\Bin” directory through Windows Explorer and rename upgwiz.ucf file if it exists.
- Restart the Siebel remote client and continue with the synchronisation.
2. If you are seeing below error while installing the Siebel Remote client:
“Class not registered”
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\engine
- Delete the engine folder
- Install the latest version of the iKernel engine from the below link.
- Download iKernel engine update and save it to your Desktop. (http://support.installshield.com/kb/files/Q108312/ikernelupdate.exe
- Install the ikernelupdate.exe, downloaded in the above step.
- Once the above steps are completed, try the installation of Siebel remote from the setup.exe file
- If you are seeing the errors like, “..Node is already servicing this client” the solution would be to re-extract this user on the server again.